Friday 22 June 2012

Julep June Mystery Box

Hello to my lovely readers,

I know this post is a little late to the party but UPS shipping leaves little to be desired.



Julep Maven is a monthly subscription service that caters solely to nail polish.  For $19.99 a month you usually get around $40 worth of product.  I can't really justify spending $20 on nail polish a month, but every month or two they come out with a mystery box that is the same price but guarantees at least $60 worth of product.

How is a girl to resist?





Here is what I received in my lovely box:


Whoo Hoo! all for me???

1. January


Retro, tomato red creme with a modern shine.  Perfect for matching your manicure to your pedicure.

My Thoughts:  This is a BEAUTIFUL color!!  I think it is a dupe for OPI's Big Apple Red (which I own). I haven't tried it out yet but the formula seems pretty good to me.  Overall, very happy with this color.

2. Amy


Smoky, turquoise creme.

My Thoughts: This is a very unique color and I thought it was so cool, I tried it on right away.  I'm in love with the color but the formula isn't anything to write home about, its pretty thick.

Here it is on me:

Sorry my nails are a bit of a mess

3. Gayle


Regal, deep aubergine creme.  Sophisticated yet playful.

My Thoughts: BINGO!  This is a Sarah color if I ever saw one.  Since I have Amy on my nails, this is on my toes (and i'd prefer not to put a picture of my feet on the web).  This one has a perfect formula and just glides onto the nails.

4. Fast Dry Topcoat

A quick-dry high shine that prevents yellowing and protects your nail color for longer lasting mani-pedis. 

My Thoughts: Whoops I forgot to take a picture of this.  But you get the idea, its a top coat.  I have one already and this was perfect timing because I'm almost out of that one.  Score.

L to R: Topcoat, Gayle, January, Amy

Some extra's I got in my box:

Julep SPF 15 Daylight Defense Lip Balm - Vanilla Mint


Nourish, hydrate, and protect your lips with this vanilla mint flavored lip balm.

My Thoughts: This smells delightful!  Sweet.  Its nothing spectacular but at least it smells good.

Julep Nail File


I'm pretty sure this was just a little extra something to throw on the top of the pile to make it look pretty while packaging.  I have like a hundred (kidding) nail files so I doubt i'll use this.


So that concludes my haul.  I was soooooo happy with this box, the colors are beautiful and I can never have too many topcoats with the amount of times I paint my nails.

Total Value of the Box:  $62

And I paid $19.99

So if you would like to become a Maven I would be much obliged if you would use my referral link by clicking : HERE

And use code COLOR2012 to get your intro box for a penny!

Also make sure to check out my Cinco de Mayo Mystery Box if you are still undecided about Julep Maven

Are you a Maven?  What did you get in your box??

Sarah

P.S.  Did you notice my pictures look a lot better? Click here so you can look like an expert photographer too!

  


6 comments:

  1. we got very similar boxes! glad you enjoyed yours :)

    CHECK OUT MY CoverFX GIVEAWAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. January is such a pretty color!;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's a lot of goodies! :) very pretty nail colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for sharing! I`m actually waiting for my Julep box too...this got me so excited!

    btw check out my current giveaways (shiseido, maybelline, oasap) too!

    http://mimikaayu.blogspot.ca/p/giveaways.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. All very gorgeous colours! Amy looks great on your nails!

    ReplyDelete