Saturday 26 May 2012

Julep Cinco DE Mayo Mystery Box + EXTRAS!!!



Merry Afternoon!

Today I would like to talk about (yes another) subscription service company called Julep Maven.  This one is uniquely different from the others that I have posted about because it is strictly for nail polish and nail care.  So how does it work?

1. Julep is $19.99 a month (YIKES) but includes shipping.
2.  They will typically send you 2 nail polishes and some sort of nail care item (the nail polishes retail for $14 each)
3.  Here is the best part: they are aware it it more money than any of the other subscriptions so you can choose which box you want from 5 different ones AND you can choose to skip a month at any time.
4.  The total value of the boxes are always at leas $40.



How did I get hooked on Julep Maven?  They gave me my first box for a PENNY.  No joke they didn't even charge for shipping (I will give you a code later)

Now every now and again they come out with a "Mystery Box" that is the same price as the monthly box but they promise at least $60 worth of products.

SO, in the spirit of full disclosure: I got my first box for a penny, I got the March Maven box and have been skipping every month since then! Except when they come out with the Mystery boxes (maybe I shouldn't have told that, i'm a bad maven haha).

So without further ado! Here is my most recent one the "Cinco de Mayo" themed box.

Not too shabby right?
Lets break it down:

1. Emma


A soft seashell pink shimmer, so elegant alone or for extra shine over any shade.

My Thoughts: This is soooooooo pretty.  It is definitely something that looks like you could put it over just about any shade.  Perfect consistency for a nail polish.

2. Hayden


Neon peach creme.

My Thoughts: Yup. Definately NEON.  This colour can only be described as an orange creamsicle, and does not flatter my pasty skintone one bit.  But like all the julep nail polishes it has a nice consistency (a little thicker than some though).  So overall I am not really a fan.  Oh, and now I have 2 of these.

3. Alyson


Almond creme featured on all the runways for spring.  The new neutral.

My thoughts:  Not exactly my cup of tea.  But hell, I will try anything once.  I just have a feeling that it wont exactly complement my skintone... 

4. Marisa


Dark, rich cobalt blue shimmer.

My thoughts:  OH fun!!! I have exactly zero colors like this in my collection and am super excited to try this out.  My only thing though is that it is spring and I have been really into the bright, happy colours.  This is a very dark shade but I will try none the less.

5. Facial for Hands Glycolic Hand Scrub (sample size)


Potent glycolic acid combined with apricot seeds provides powerful double exfoliation that leaves your hands noticeably softer and looking younger after just one use.  Naturally scented with orange oil  for a refreshing aromatherapy boost with each use.

My thoughts: Yay! I love getting stuff like this.  I work in a bar so my hands are constantly wet and sticky (there is just no helping this) and I wash them A LOT.  So anything that will help with dryness is ok in my book.

6. Julep Crystal Nail File

  
A fine grit glass nail file that is gentle on your nails.

My thoughts: I'm in love.  This makes me really happy. It works so well and I have a feeling that if you had gel or acrylic nails this would be a great go-to file for you.  I highly recommend it!  



Now lets break it down:
1. Four Julep Nail polishes @ $14 each = $56.00
2. Hand scrub @ one ounce = $10.67
3. Nail file @ $6.00

Total Value: $72.67

I'd call that a pretty good deal.  So if you would like a box of your own please use my referral link:  by clicking here and fill out a beauty profile.

Now when you do this make sure you use the code SHAREONMAY so you can get your intro box for only a penny!!!! No joke.  Do it.

Now on to a little something different........

Last time I got a mystery box the LOVELY people at Julep Maven gave me a $50 gift certificate to spend on whatever I wanted in the store so I picked out some shades I thought I would like check it out!

L to R: Carrie, Drew, Toni, Leah
1. Carrie: Classic, cotton candy pink creme.  Embrace your girly side!

2. Drew: Fabulous fuchsia creme.  Show off with summer sandals or barefoot.  Looks great coated with sand.

3. Toni: Grey creme with a hint of purple, this colour goes with EVERYTHING. A favorite of beauty editors.  Featured in Lucky magazine.

4. Leah:  Vivid and refreshing grass green with a hint of shimmer.


Now to tell you the truth I got at 8 nail polishes at the same time (a little extreme I know) and couldn't decide which one I wanted to wear so I picked 2:

Carrie and Toni!!!
I think Carrie (pink) is my favorite but it chipped a hell of a lot faster than Toni (Grey), probably because it was a thicker formula.



So overall, I got about $130 worth of product and I spent right around $30.  I usually buy OPI nail polish but Julep has such great deals and if I'm quite honest:  A better formula (goes on so nice).

Seriously try it.

And use my link please:  http://julep.com/?r=18941516
And remember: SHAREONMAY code so you can try it for a penny!


HAPPY SATURDAY!!!! 


1 comment:

  1. 50$ gift certificate?! Lucky girl!! I really love the look of Hayden and Alyson! Also I have Leah and love it - it's super fun for summer :)

    ps. I like the mix of toni and carrie - cute!

    xx

    ReplyDelete